[imp] case sensitivity with login

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Jul 9 19:43:20 PDT 2004

Quoting Kris Efland <kris_efland at yahoo.com>:

> Pardon me if this has already been discussed...

It has, several times...

> I'm finding that a number of 'users' are not turning off caps lock
> when loggin in and generating an additional set of user preferences
> for their account which dont contain the default identity that some
> of my scripts create for them.

This is really a problem with your imap server (or the authentication backend
it is using) which shouldn't be treating them seperately.

> my question is, is there a way to modify the sql.php so that the
> select statements are using a tolower command or similar so that all
> queries coming into sql are lowercase?

There is, depending on your Horde/IMP version, ways to fix this.   In most
recent versions, you can use a hook to convert their username to lowercase
after it is accepted at the login screen and before it is used anywhere.
This would be better and easier and more consistent than hacking the source
code.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics