[imp] Authentification via MySQL in IMP

Kilian Schmuck kilian at politikag.de
Sun Jul 11 12:10:12 PDT 2004

I have the folowing problem:

I know, that it is possible, to let authentificate IMP users for the horde
framework. On my webserver pop3-accounts have usernames like 426946 or
926853. But this user-names are for mail-adresses like
otto at politikag.de or heinz at politikag.de. So it's another
username than the username in the mail-adress. So I have to enter for
example 426946 as username when I want to authentify via imap/pop3. But
the users don't want to enter a number as user. They want to enter their
name like "otto" or "heinz". That's possible, when I let authetify horde
via MySQL. But, then I have to enter the user datas every time, ehen I
want to start IMP in the horde framework. And so I have to enter the
usernumber 426946 nevertheless. So it's senseless!
I thought, it would be possible, to add the pop3-user-datas, to each user
in the mysql-table. But I don't know how to tell this IMP.
Can anybody help me or can anybody tell me how to solve this problem? I
would be very happy.
Sorry, for my complicated explanation, but I don't know how to describe
otherwise.

Kilian.

--
Kilian Schmuck