[imp] IMAP & Qpopper

Gmane fabianhore at email.com
Tue Jul 20 12:40:58 PDT 2004

Hello.
I am a PHP developer
My knowledge of mail protocols [and IMP] is somewhat lacking.
I wonder if anyone can help me with this;

I have set up IMP on Mac OS X (Darwin) where I am running the Qpopper POP3
server from Eudora

I have enabled IMP for authentication but it is failing.

Firstly, I guessed this was because there doesn't seem to be an IMAP service
listening.
So I commented out the IMAP config in servers.php.
Qpopper then seemed to get queried for authentication instead.
However, Qpopper complained about this saying that a "stronger method of
authentication is required"

Do I need to install an IMAP server? or am I just misunderstanding the
process?

Much gratitude to anyone who can point me in a helpful direction.