[imp] encrypted login password in form

Enrique ecastro at dbbf.ulpgc.es
Fri Jul 23 08:38:32 PDT 2004

Hi,
  My university uses Horde/IMP as main WebMail system for staff and
students. I want to integrate this mail system with other tools. I know
how to login using a hidden form. However, the examples I have seen
expose passwords in plain text in the hidden form.

I am not the administrator of the IMP site, so I cannot test some things
  myself experimentally. I wonder if redirect.php (or previous scrips)
would accept md5 encrypted password data passed in the hidden form?.

redirect.php get user/pass data from a Horde::getFormData function.
Where can I find that function's code or documentation?

Any tip will be welcomed.

- Enrique Castro -