[imp] Patch for SMTP authentication

Erico Mendonca erico at techisa.srv.br
Sun Jul 25 16:16:21 PDT 2004

Hello everyone,

I have a quite atypical setup here. I collect my email from half a dozen
different places with fetchmail, and consolidate everything in the
corresponding local user mailboxes. I access them via IMAPS remotely, or now,
through Horde/IMP.

My problem is that I use one specific SMTP server to send out all my mail, from
any of the accounts (all in different domains), and this server requires
authentication with a specific user. I found out that all accounts were failing
to send out emails, except one, that coincidentally had the same user/password
that the SMTP server required.

I whipped out my Ethereal, and lo and behold, IMP was sending the current user
id and password, and not the user/password configured in conf.php. In
lib/Compose.php, I noticed these values being repopulated with the current user
and password. Here's my quick patch to fix it...

My solution was to check if besides the auth parameter being set, if the
username field was empty. If it is empty, assume the current user id/password
for authenticating, else use the ones in conf.php.

--
-- Erico Mendonca
Techisa do Brasil