[imp] Getting IMP started

Robert Amodeo ra at math.ucla.edu
Wed Aug 11 15:24:16 PDT 2004

Hello,

I installed Horde, Imp, PHP, MySQL etc. (information below). MySQL
is started, the Horde database exists, and everything looks ready.

../test.php works, etc. The IMP test was positive for connection with one
of my mail servers.

I then entered the URL for starting the web based mail:

http://myserver.edu/horde/imp/index.php

and got a friendly blue "Welcome to Horde" page, with a
Username/Password box.  I tried everything (least of all,
my username/password) ... admin/admin, root/blank, another
user on the actual server where horde is located, blank/blank,
etc.  Nothing works.  It rengenerates the same page.  What do I do?

If you need more information, let me know.  I'm sure it's something
'trivial'.

Robert Amodeo
ra at math.ucla.edu
Dept. of Mathematics
Univ. of Calif. Los Angeles

OS: SuSE Linux 9.1

../test.php   below

Horde: 2.2.5
IMP: 3.2.3 (run IMP tests)
PHP Version
View phpinfo() screen
PHP Version: 4.3.3
PHP Major Version: 4.3
PHP Minor Version: 3
PHP Version Classification: release
You are running a supported version of PHP.
PHP Module Capabilities
DOM XML Support: Yes
FTP Support: Yes
Gettext Support: Yes