**Fwd: Re: [imp] (no subject)

nightowl KUERRKJINQDB at spammotel.com
Thu Aug 12 02:29:20 PDT 2004

>> Any pointers on which problems arise? Any plans to upgrade PHP5
>> compatibility? Any ideas on how to fix the problem ?

CH> You need to start reading the replies that have been written to you. Even the
CH> ones with answers you don't like.

the only 'real' reply besides some vague 'no' (meaning 'PHP5 is not
backward compatible to PHP4', while I cannot find out what the
differences would be) was: it requires some 'fair amount of work'.
Even though it requires that 'fair amount of work', somebody may be
considering it, somebody may have planned it...

Even more: I only use the IMP to read and compose simple mails. No
advanced or fancy features. It may be fairly easy to only upgrade
those scripts if somebody pointed out what the real issue is why the
software is broken (that for I need the changes between PHP5 and
PHP4). Etc.

Heck, somebody may even suggest some replacement open source software
untill IMP has been upgraded.

So, yes, I read the mails in responce to mine. But no, I haven't heard
a real response but 'your problem, mate'. I also find it annoying not
knowing about it before upgrading - I couldn't find information about
PHP5 incomptibility on the IMP website.