[imp] shared folders with cyrus imap server questions

Dan H dhammer at kdhtech.com
Fri Aug 13 01:07:47 PDT 2004

> I have noticed some strange behavior when sharing folders in imp.
> When I select shared folders off the options menu, I get a list of 8
> selections with an error message under each saying "WARNING:  Invalid
> argument supplied for foreach() in
> /SRV/WWW/HTDOCS/HORDE/IMP/TEMPLATES/ACL/ACL.INC on line 121."  Then
> down below that everything is fine to select a user and rights.  If I
> select what I want it will be saved and the sharing works.  The only
> thing that I've noticed is that in servers.conf the acl driver listed
> is rfc2086...  My documentation for the cyrus server doesn't mention
> that rfc, but mentions rfc 2046 and rfc 3028.  Any ideas?
> Rich
>
> Richard E. Long, CISSP

I've run into this type of error a few different times.  I found a good
reference for changing the command from foreach to a while command.  The
reference is here...

http://phpmirror.unrealghetto.com/manual/en/control-structures.foreach.php

more specifically

$arr = array("one", "two", "three");
reset($arr);
while (list($key, $value) = each($arr)) {
   echo "Key: $key; Value: $value<br />\n";
}

foreach ($arr as $key => $value) {
   echo "Key: $key; Value: $value<br />\n";
}

or

$arr = array("one", "two", "three");
reset($arr);
while (list(, $value) = each($arr)) {
   echo "Value: $value<br />\n";
}

foreach ($arr as $value) {
   echo "Value: $value<br />\n";
}

This kind of gives an idea of how to translate the foreach into a while
statement.

I don't know if this is a problem specific to the alpha releases or
perhaps php-4.3.8 i've been using. But the changes have solved the
problems for me.  Maybe Chuck or Jan can chime in on what I've said.

Hope this information is of use.
Dan H