[imp] Anyone have experience migrating from Endymion to IMP?

Kyle Johnson kyln at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 15 15:21:24 PDT 2004

Crispin -

Thanks for the response.

>>Whats your mail setup (imap daemon, mailox format?)

I'm using UW Imap (wrapped to only allow the webmail server access..), and ~/mail/* mailboxes.

I think the problem lies with my new server reading all emails for each folder from 1 file. For instance, if a user makes a "work" folder in webmail, it just touches the file ~/mail/work and all mail is part of that file.

The Endymion server made a file for each message...and when I cat them over to 1 file they don't behave.

Does that make sense?

I just followed your suggestion about just putting them there, and they are viewable, but the sender gets replaced by the mailbox owner's address, and the subject gets replaced by the LONG filename of each of the Endymion stored mails...

Ugh..

Thanks again

Kyle