[imp] Weird attachment problem

Brian Voils voilsb at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 22:43:42 PDT 2004

I've got a weird attachment problem with IMP that I somehow never
noticed before.

If I want to attach a file to an e-mail, I'll hit 'browse' and find a
file.  Then I'll click 'attach' and it'll upload the file, and it'll
claim it's attached to the message and it'll give filesize, mimetype,
etc.

Then I send the file, and there's no attachment.  Some mail readers
will see an attachment with the appropriate filename but with a size
of 0 bytes.  Other mail readers (like IMP) will simply say there's no
attachment.  I can even go to my sent-items folder and it'll claim
there's no attachment to the file.

Any ideas?

It's definitely not a max_upload_size error, because 1) the problem
exists with plaintext files smaller than 1kb and 2) it seems to upload
the file well enough for IMP to figure out it's filesize and mimetype
to display in the compose window.  It just doesn't get sent.

Now, here's where it gets confusing ... my webhost has their own
installation of IMP and it works fine to send attachments.
I have my own installation of IMP (which otherwise works just fine)
because I can't customize the hosting company's installation and I
wanted IMP to match the rest of my webpage with respect to color
scheme and such, and I got tired of logging in as user at domain.com.
--
Brian Voils