[imp] Courier Quota Question

Edwin Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Wed Sep 1 09:04:20 PDT 2004

Quoting Jesse Sparks <sparksj at edge-techs.com>:

> Does anyone know of a good how-to guide on making quota's work with
> Courier-IMAP
> and IMP? So the user can see how much space is being used? I have
> also noticed
> some Horde setups with a menu bar down the side of the display, how does one
> set this up? I would like to add that bar if possible. I noticed it
> on the Demo
> site horde has on the website but I have noticed other people have it
> setup as
> well?

The version may be a problem here but in head and probably the
most recent releases are possibly this way but as always YMMV ;)

In horde/imp/config/servers.php you should have  something like
the following:

$servers['imap'] = array(
     'name' => 'IMAP Server',
     'server' => 'localhost',
     'hordeauth' => 'full',
     'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
     'port' => 143,
     'folders' => 'INBOX.',
     'namespace' => '',
     'maildomain' => '',
     'smtphost' => 'localhost',
     'realm' => '',
     'preferred' => '',
     'dotfiles' => false,
/* Yo will want to add the following 6 lines that work for me */
     'quota' => array(
         'driver' => 'courier',
         'params' => array(
             'login' => '',
             'password' => ''
         )
/* End of quota */
     ),
     'hierarchies' => array()
);

Of course I'm sure that  maildirsize file is being updated by
courier.  It is in your Maildir.  I think that is all you really
need.

I'm not sure what you are asking about the "menu bar down the
side of the display" unless it is the current HEAD version that
you can use to display a folder tree in addition to the active
horde modules.  I think you would need to be using head but I
could be mistaken.  I am totally confused as to which features
go with which version.  Sorry.

Good luck,

ed

P.S. disclaimer:  I configured the above a long time ago so I
could be forgetting something.