[imp] Convincing IMP to authenticate to Cyrus *without* domain

Chet chet at nogators.com
Sat Sep 4 11:11:32 PDT 2004

On Sep 4, 2004, at 5:21 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Chet <chet at nogators.com>:
>
>> I've got a very simple mail configuration running well, but lack
>> webmail, so I'm attempting to get Horde/IMP to fill that gap.
>> Everything seems fine as far as logging in and sending mail, but thus
>> far I've gotten no joy at all in accessing incoming mail via IMP, and
>> think I know why.
>>
>> My very simple postfix and cyrus setup, which supports 4 or 5 virtual
>> domains, uses only a single namespace. It was easier that way, and
>> this
>> is primarily a friends-and-family box. Consequently, Cyrus expects
>> users to authenticate with a username, not username at domain, and I
>> can't
>> seem to configure IMP to play along. The logs show it appending
>> domains
>> to bare user logins, and I can't seem to figure out how to make it
>> stop.
>
> This happens only if you use a vinfo hook. By default the username
> entered
> in the login screen doesn't get rewritten or the domain attached.
>
> Jan.

How may I disable that hook? I don't *think* I'm using one based on
what I see (ie, that $conf['hooks']['vinfo'] = ''; appears in my
horde/imp/config/conf.php file), but maybe I'm misinterpreting.

----
"I think I need to go get lunch now, before I am trapped in here by the
guy with the hose." MAD 2003-10-08