[imp] HELP With Horde, IMP, aso.

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Sep 5 01:42:43 PDT 2004

Zitat von Dalibor Malek <maillist at zwickl.net>:

> What I want to do is to install Horde, IMP and most of the other horde
> Projects to my main Domain. I want to call it on webmail.mydomain.com.
> Horde and IMP is installed and running.
> I can login but I can’t send a E-Mail and I can’t see my Inbox(don’t get
> me wrong I can see the IMP Inbox but not my Inbox, I know I have E-Mails
> in my Inbox but I don’t see it with IMP (is it possible that IMP has no
> access to /var/spool/mail? (just as Information I have IMP with POP3

No, it doesn't. IMP only speaks to your mail server, it doesn't know (and
doesn't need to) where the messages physically are. Your mail server does.

> running)). The reason why I can’t send E-Mails is simple (but I have no
> solution). When I login I have a username and when I want to send a
> E-Mail IMP sets my Sender E-mail Address to username at mydomain.com
> <mailto:username at mydomain.com> but my E-mail Address is not the same as
> my Username so sendmail reject it. (is it possible that IMP has no
> access to /etc/mail, to the virtusertable).

Set your correct email address in you identities (options). You can also use
a from_addr hook to set reasonable default values.

> The second is I would like to setup Horde, IMP and all other projects so
> that every domain on the server can get the E-Mails over
> webmail.mydomain.com. I have Apache with 5 virtual hosts and getting
> more and I would like that everybody can get their E-Mails over the main
> Domain, without selecting their domain.
> The user is logging in:
> User
> Pass
> IMP knows ok, this user is from the domain user.com and when the user is
> sending E-Mail he has the right Domain set automatically.

Use a vinfo hook.

> I mean I have no problem with that if I have to add something to the
> configuration of IMP (like the virtualhost entry in the httpd.conf. I
> also have no problem if I have to set it up that the user has his own
> webmail.user.com as long a I don’t have to install horde, IMP aso. for
> every domain.

> P.S. Is it possible to set to have on user on IMAP and POP3?

Of course, but it depends on the mail server you use.

> I would like to use IMAP with IMP but to use POP3 when I’m getting my
> E-Mail to my mozilla. Can I do something like the with Cyrus? As I found
> out it’s not very easy to install and configure this server.

This is beyond IMP, read the Cyrus documentation (or whatever mail server
you end up using).

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/