[imp] address book -> compose window

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Sep 7 11:44:02 PDT 2004

Quoting Rong-En Fan <rafan at csie.org>:

> As you see, we call RFC822::parseAddressList()
> before we do MIME:encode(), then in parseAddressList()
> it calls _splitAddresses() which calls _splitCheck().
> In _splitCheck() enforces RFC822's address format check.

It looks to me like this could be fixed by using a multibyte-aware
substr() call
in _splitCheck in the check for trailing \ characters - that sound
right to you?

> In my opinion, I think those addresses should be encoded
> before using RFC822's parser.

Okay. So we need a way to split up the list of addresses that doesn't involve
calling RFC822 but still handles RFC822 groups, etc.

The more I think about this, the more it seems like we ought to store
the actual
addresses vs. what we display to the user seperately, and pre-encode
individual
addresses so that we don't have to worry about all this.

Thoughts?

-chuck