[imp] browser error when sending large attachments

Rob Ristroph rgr at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Sep 7 22:00:56 PDT 2004

Hi,

        I made the following changes so that I could send larger
        attachments:

in /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf, set LimitRequestBody higher (I set it to 20 *
1024 * 1024 ).

in /etc/php.ini:

memory_limit 32M
post_max_size 20M
upload_max_filesize 20M

         That worked, and I can now mail larger attachments.

         However, when using IE on windows, I get the "cannot find
         server" page after clicking on send.  (The message is still
         sent just fine.) When using Mozilla on linux I don't have
         that problem.

         Has anyone else run into this, and is there something I can
         tweak to make it stop ?  I don't want to teach people to
         ignore that error.

--Rob