[imp] Re: Hack concept - IMAP speedup

Ross Becker ross at rbecker.org
Wed Sep 8 15:35:30 PDT 2004

I just got an email and went to look. I see two issues.

1. It does not contain an MDA- So when does it update the indexes after
delivery?

2. It doesn't support maildir++ and quotas. I need quotas.

It might be less work to add quotas to dovecot then add indexes to
courier, though. I've just never heard of this IMAP server before now,
so I'm not sure how widely used it is.  I searched for IMAP servers at
www.imap.org too.  I'm guessing dovecot is pretty new?

Cheers
    Ross