[imp] Report as Spam

Geoff Sweet lists at whootis.com
Sat Sep 11 20:26:12 PDT 2004

This is an odd question and as such I am not sure where to begin so I am
delicately posting this in a couple mailing lists because I feel it is a
culmination of several things.

In my Imp I turned on the "Report as Spam".  I have the Imp config setup
to use spam like so:

/**
 ** Spam Reporting
 **/

// Should we display a "report this message as spam" link in the
// message view?
$conf['spam']['reporting'] = true;

// If so, should we report them via email?
$conf['spam']['email'] = 'postmaster at whootis.net';

// Should we report them via an external program?
$conf['spam']['program'] = '/usr/local/bin/spamassassin -r';

Now however when I use this feature I get this in my Apache logs:
Cannot write to //.spamassassin/user_prefs: No such file or directory
Failed to create default user preference file //.spamassassin/user_prefs
lock: 58007 cannot create tmp lockfile
//.spamassassin/bayes.lock.serv.whootis.com.58007 for
//.spamassassin/bayes.lock: No such file or directory

So just out of curiosity I create /.spamassassin to see what gets
created and who created it.  As I suspected the files are owned by my
apache user.  So here is my question, isn't calling that spamassassin
command suppose to be invoked as the authenticated vpopmail user?  Is
the behavior I am seeing normal?  Can anyone offer me a better solution
to what I am doing?  I like the idea of allowing all my users to build
on the Bayes system.

Thank you for your time
Geoff