[imp] Login in IMP without the @domain.com part

Edwin Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Thu Sep 16 10:01:05 PDT 2004

Quoting Mário Gamito <gamito at netual.pt>:

> Hi Edwin,
>
> I had 'realm' => 'mail.epaveiro.edu.pt' and changed it the way you said
> as you can see below, but no good :(
>
> ---------------------------------------
> $servers['imap'] = array(
>      'name' => 'IMAP Server',
>      'server' => 'mail.epaveiro.edu.pt',
>      'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
>      'port' => 143,
>      'folders' => '',
>      'namespace' => 'INBOX.',
>      'maildomain' => 'epaveiro.edu.pt',
>      'smtphost' => 'mail.epaveiro.edu.pt',
>      'realm' => 'epaveiro.edu.pt',
>      'preferred' => ''
> );
Mário, IMO, the above should work, assuming that you can login to courier-imap
with username at epaveiro.edu.pt and the password.  I would give it a try on the
command line.  In fact, why don't you give it a try from the imp/test.php page
using username at epaveiro.edu.pt because it doesn't use the servers.php, IIRC.
After filling out the form and sending the bottom of the returned page should
have something like:

server="mail.epaveiro.edu.pt" user="username at epaveiro.edu.pt"
mailbox="{mail.epaveiro.edu.pt:143/imap/notls}INBOX"
INBOX has 1 messages (0 new 0 recent)

Which means it was successful.  That is what we want.

If that doesn't work the problem would seem to be with your courier auth.

Also check your maillog and others depending on your courier auth backend.

After this we can look at the hook, I haven't used it or imp for auth for a
couple of years.  Unfortunately, I don't and have never used realm's so
you may
not be in very good hands :)  If I'm not leading Mário en the right direction,
will someone please jump it.

ed

ed