[imp] Help with imaps not connecting

George Theall theall at tifaware.com
Tue Sep 21 13:47:10 PDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 10:40:37PM -0600, thewade wrote:

> I have just installed Fedora Core 2 and all the neccessary rpm\'s to
> run horde and imp, but I cannot connect to my imaps (or imap) daemon!
>
> When I run the imp test.php I get:
>   string(68) \"TLS/SSL failure for mail.aestheticempire.com: SSL negotiation failed\"
> }
>
> The same with imap/ssl/notls and imap/ssl. With imap I get:
>   string(49) \"[CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (server response)\"
> }
>
> Where is my configuration wrong? Imp or xinetd? I just built
> imap-2004a from source, with ssl support (make slx) so it should
> be working.

When you built imap, did you also create links for the libraries and
include files to be used by php?

How did you install php -- build from source or from an rpm? If you used
an rpm, does it have support for imap / imaps and if so do you also have
the prereqs installed? Finally, what does phpinfo have to say about imap
support (eg, "php -r 'phpinfo();'")?

George
theall at tifaware.com