[imp] Help with imaps not connecting

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Tue Sep 21 14:40:36 PDT 2004

I telnet-ed to 143 and got some interesting messages, so I ln -s
libssl.0.9.7a to libssl.0.9.7 and libcrypto.0.9.7.a to libcrypto.0.9.7
in /lib and now I can telnet to 143. Imp still complains with:
Server disables LOGIN, no recognized SASL authenticator

Imp and imaps still reports:
TLS/SSL failure for mail.aestheticempire.com: SSL negotiation failed

When I try to get some debug messages by telnet-ing to 993 I get nothing:
[pdman at localhost pdman]$ telnet localhost 993
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is \'^]\'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

I dont get to type anything, it just connects and disconnects before I
can do anything.

Thanks again for the speedy help!
-thewade