[imp] Help with imaps not connecting

George Theall theall at tifaware.com
Wed Sep 22 09:00:35 PDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 11:01:38PM -0600, thewade wrote:

> best I can get is connecting to 143 using SSLTYPE=unix:
> array(3) {
>   [0]=>
>   string(61) \"Retrying LOGIN authentication after AUTHENTICATE LOGIN failed\"
>   [1]=>
>   string(61) \"Retrying LOGIN authentication after AUTHENTICATE LOGIN failed\"
>   [2]=>
>   string(62) \"Can not authenticate to IMAP server: AUTHENTICATE LOGIN failed\"
> }

Not sure about this, but I find with Google some reports that setting
the cookie path to "/" helped resolve this problem for others.

> and using 993:
> array(1) {
>   [0]=>
>   string(74) \"Connection failed to gateway.aestheticempire.com,993: Connection timed out\"
> }

This suggests the problem is doesn't involve IMP directly.  Have you
tried using another imap client to connect to the server? Are you
blocking connectivity to that port or machine? Do the logs on the imap
server show *anything* when you try to connect?

George
theall at tifaware.com