[imp] IMP stopped talking to send mail all of a sudden

Brian Voils voilsb at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 12:46:50 PDT 2004

Changing $conf['mailer']['type'] from 'sendmail' to 'smtp' seems to
have fixed things.

Although I'm still curious as to why it suddenly started being naughty
... so I'll play with Horde's logging and talk w/ the admin to see
mail logs at my leisure, and let you all know what I can figure out.

Oh, and I'm running IMP 3.2.3

Thanks for the help, too!

-Brian

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 15:30:10 -0400, George Theall <theall at tifaware.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 10:55:37AM -0700, Brian Voils wrote:
> > I tried it via the web:  http://voils.net/email.html
> >
> > I did *not* however, try web-based IMAP program; it was a locally
> > installed piece of software.
>
> Running it via the web should have been sufficient -- both approaches
> use php's mail function.  [This is true of IMP 3.2.x.  Are you running
> something different?]
>
> Have you had a chance to examine the mail logs for entries when you've
> tried to send a message with IMP?
>
> An alternative approach that would not tie you to a particular MTA would
> be to switch to the SMTP mailer type (ie, $conf['mailer']['type'] in
> config/horde.php).
>
> George
> --
> theall at tifaware.com