[imp] qmail and no subject-line from imp

Manfred Schwarb manfred99 at gmx.ch
Thu Oct 7 01:45:42 PDT 2004

Hi,
I encountered problems with the mail-server (qmail) of my provider.
People sending emails to me without any subject get their mails
bounced. I tracked it down to the following:
This happens only if there is no subject-line at all, if there is a
"Subject: " line in the mail header (without any entry), there is no problem.

Many email programs as e.g. Eudora insert a subject line into the
mail header even if the user does not indicate a subject.

IMP (3.2.6) does not:
Omitted subject results in omitted subject-line in the mail header.
Is this intentional? Otherwise I would suggest to insert an subject
line in any case.

regards
Manfred