[imp] qmail and no subject-line from imp

Manfred Schwarb manfred99 at gmx.ch
Thu Oct 7 09:13:24 PDT 2004

> Quoting Manfred Schwarb <manfred99 at gmx.ch>:
>
> > IMP (3.2.6) does not:
> > Omitted subject results in omitted subject-line in the mail header.
> > Is this intentional?
>
> Yes. Making it impossible for the user to send a message with no subject
> is
> annoying and unnecessary.
>
> -chuck

Perhaps I was not clear enough, sorry.
It is the other way round, in the current configuration of
this strangely configured qmail (I already complained to the provider),
it is not possible to send emails with IMP without an Subject.
But the same email using Eudora works.
And I want to be able to send emails without subject...

The received header from IMP: