[imp] Dspam Pipe

Amith Varghese amith at xalan.com
Fri Oct 8 12:57:04 PDT 2004

Quoting Lee <lee at disinfo.com>:

> Hey All,
> I have imp configured to pipe spam to dspam as follows:
>
> // Should we display a "report this message as spam" link in the
> // message view?
> $conf['spam']['reporting'] = true;
>
> // If so, where should those messages be reported to?
> $conf['spam']['program'] = '/usr/local/bin/dspam --mode=tum --user
> system --class=spam --source=error --stdout';
>

> Unfortunately it doesnt seem to be working. Ive manually run the
> command and on the command line without problem. Ive also confirmed
> that the web server group owns the dspam program. Unfortunately there
> doesnt seem to be any error reporting in the syslog, apache log, or
> horde log about this.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas why this isnt working?

Why don't you set up an e-mail address that executes the command?  That way if
someone is using another e-mail client (besides IMP) they will still be able
to train dspam by forwarding the e-mail to spam at disinfo.com.  I have qmail-
ldap setup to do this and you can configure IMP to forward the message to the
address that you setup.

Amith