[imp] newbie first time setup. registry.php problem

J. Patrick Campbell patrick at lowmips.com
Wed Oct 20 11:10:22 PDT 2004

On Wed, October 20, 2004 2:57 pm, Marko Djukic said:
> Quoting "J. Patrick Campbell" <patrick at lowmips.com>:
>
>> I just installed the latest version in gentoo portage last night.
>> I'm trying to configure imp and i get this error on
>> https://lowmips.com/horde/
>> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: _() in
>> /var/www/localhost/htdocs/horde/config/registry.php on line 91
>
> you're missing gettext (sys-devel/gettext) which should be compiled in
> automatically if you specify the "nls" USE flag.

Thank you for the reply.
Something else must be amiss:

root at bitchass log # emerge -p gettext

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] sys-devel/gettext-0.12.1-r2

root at bitchass log # cat /etc/make.conf
# These settings were set by the catalyst build script that automatically
built this stage
# Please consult /etc/make.conf.example for a more detailed example
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium4 -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
USE="apache2 ssl nls sesion imap"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp:///ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/gentoo/
http://ftp-mirror.internap.com/pub/gentoo/
http://gentoo.tiscali.nl/gentoo/ http://gentoo.binarycompass.org
http://gentoo.math.bme.hu"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"