[imp] ip aliasing w/courier-imap + vpopmail

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Tue Oct 26 13:41:48 PDT 2004

Hello,

Does anyone know how to make Horde/IMP auth
correctly via Courier-IMAP with ip alias domains?

ip alias domains means that I open a web browser
to http://mail.wingnet.net/imp and log in as
'jesse', and IMP would then generate an IMAP
connection to Courier at host 'wingnet.net', port
143. Courier+vpopmail then assumes that the domain
portion of my email address is '@wingnet.net' and
auths via vpopmail appropriately.

Similarly, opening a web browser to:
    http://mail.someotherdomain.com:80 -> someotherdomain.com:143

Courier already does this properly. I just can't
figure out how to make IMP connect to an IMAP
server on the same host from which it is called.

Any ideas?

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,