[imp] IMP4.0-BETA: problem installing fileinfo

Steve Lidie sol0 at Lehigh.EDU
Fri Nov 5 10:38:04 PST 2004

I'm in the beginning phases of installing IMP 4 - I have some problems
reported via test.php, one of which is that I'm missing fileinfo.
Running a fresh install of Fedora Core 2.  So I'm using PHP/pear from
the Fedora install, and have done:

pear config-set preferred_state beta
pear install fileinfo

And it installed a new .so file. I restarted Apache and even restarted
the machine, but test.php still thinks fileinfo is not installed. Any
ideas as to why are much appreciated... using Horde 3 beta of course.

thanks,

Steve