[imp] Fix for IMP's search page "select all" for Firefox compat

Kevin Hanser implist at hanser.org
Tue Nov 9 11:19:43 PST 2004

I've been using the firefox browser for quite a number of months now, and I've
noticed that IMP's search page doesn't behave nicely in firefox.

When I click on the "select all" or "select none" links, it does what it's
supposed to do, but then reloads the search page, losing what was just filled
in by the click on the link.

I checked out the code, and I have modified my IMP installation to fix this
problem.

The fix is simple, instead of having <a href="" for the links, use <a href="#".
This will keep firefox from reloading the page.  It seems that when there's a
completely blank link, the current page gets filled in automatically.  If we
use "#", this doesn't happen, and the links function as they should.

I've tested this in Firefox 1.0 PR, and IE 6 and it seems to work well in both.
Unless there's some reason why this is a "bad idea", can this be included in
future IMP releases so that my favorite webmail program will work with my
favorite browser? :)

thanx!