[imp] Mid-session logouts - IMAP related

Michael Yingbull mbull at uoguelph.ca
Thu Nov 11 07:25:26 PST 2004

We're seeing users logged out due to our IMAP server loosing its lock
file.   Looking at the logs, there are circumstances where the IMP
server is sending two authenticates to the IMAP server without a logout
(but not at all times, based on the logs).

While we're planning an upgrade to our IMAP service that should resolve
lock contention in general, I wanted to look into the behavior that I'm
seeing.    Anyone aware of this issue - being able to login twice
without a logout - or anyway to get IMP to not log the user out when
this happens?  (ie, when it tries to get IMAP server info and has its
session killed, to retry or just dump back to the main menu with an error?)

Thanks for any input.