[imp] sometimes can login horde webpage sometimes not

michael crane crane at ukonline.co.uk
Fri Nov 12 12:37:07 PST 2004

hello,
I don't expect a lot of sympathy but here goes.
It is a year now that I have horde imp working with courier imap.
It's for my wife and me. It's been working fine both the horde webmail
thingy and also using mozilla mail.
Yesterday I added our daughter as a user on the mailserver and typed
"maildirmake Maildir" as her in her home directory.
That seemed to do it and everybody can send and receive mail via mozilla
except now, often, nobody can login to horde web page.
I do not know what could have changed. ( On the same day I started
addressing computers by name using dns (hosts file) on ipcop. whereas
before I had been using ipaddresses )
It's been so long since I thought about this I've forgotten what I did
to install it. ( I can dig everything out eventually ) there is probably
some glaring omission perhaps somebody can see.
I poked about with webmin but I didn't change anything.. honest.
I know somebody is going to ask a tricky question like what version of
horde.

regards

mick