[imp] Not able to login...

Anant S Athavale asa at isac.ernet.in
Mon Nov 15 20:57:43 PST 2004

Dear members,

We have migrated to IMP 3.2.6 from yesterday.  We were previosly using IMP 3.1.

The difference what we are finding is that, users are able to login when they
give complete domain name of the system.  If the users leave the default domain
name and give only the system name, users get login screen, but they don't get
their INBOX displayed after login and it comes back to login screen without any
error message.

User is able to login in the next attempt, if the user fails to login in the
first attempt for wrong password (using only system name, without default domain).

We are using LDAP for authentication and Cyrus-IMAP for mail folders.

This seems to be something to do with url which is pointed as a hidden field at
the time of login.

Please suggest, how our users can login, without giving complete domain name.

Regards,
Anant.