[imp] change in horde 2.2.6 breaks imp identity locking ?

Adam Arrowood adam.arrowood at oit.gatech.edu
Tue Nov 16 10:00:30 PST 2004

(posting this to the horde and imp lists, because the change was in horde, but
effects imp...)

In horde 2.2.6, the following lines were added to /horde/config/prefs.php:

> // Identity preferences.
>
> // default identity
> // Don't change anything here.
> $_prefs['default_identity'] = array(
>     'value' => 0,
>     'locked' => false,
>     'shared' => true,
>     'type' => 'implicit'
> );
>
> // identities array
> // Don't change anything here.
> $_prefs['identities'] = array(
>     'value' => 'a:0:{}',
>     'locked' => false,
>     'shared' => true,
>     'type' => 'implicit'
> );

which, in my case, seems to break identity locking in imp, via
/horde/imp/config/prefs.php:

> // default identity
> // Set locked to true if you don't want the users to have multiple identities.
> $_prefs['default_identity'] = array(
>     'value' => 0,
>     'locked' => true,
>     'shared' => true,
>     'type' => 'implicit'
> );

I don't want users to have multiple identities. With the new lines, users are
able to create new identities, despite my settings in the imp prefs file. If I
comment out the new lines in the horde prefs file, then identity locking seems
to work again. What do I fixes/new features do I lose by commenting them out ?

thanks,
adam arrowood

:: Adam Arrowood              ::  adam at oit.gatech.edu
:: http://www.gatech.edu/adam :: (AIM) adamblaharrowood :: (404) 894-0372
:: Office of Information Technology/Collaborative Applications
:: Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA USA