[imp] autologin creating new sessions mid-session

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Nov 18 12:54:47 PST 2004

Quoting liamr at umich.edu:

>> I'm using the auto-login stuff w/ Horde 3.0, IMP 4.0, Turba 2.0 and Ingo 1.0
>> RC1.  I've noticed that when I switch from IMP to Turba or Ingo, and
>> then back to IMP, I'm greated with the "Last login" banner message
>> and I'm assigned a new session ID.  That seems less than ideal.  I'm
>> using a modified
>> copy of the "http" auth handler.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Actually, it's worse than I thought.  It looks like I get a new session id
> everytime I switch applications.

Sounds like this is happening anytime you hit an app/index.php file.
IMP's loads
imp/redirect.php, which has code which might explain this, but I have no idea
why you'd be getting it in other apps - you'll have to trace that a bit more.

For IMP, look in imp/redirect.php and see if you're hitting the else
case around
line 58 that's nuking the session. If so, see which test around line 29
is being
failed, and we can go from there. Also see if $autologin is being set.

-chuck

Quincy Adams