[imp] IMP 4.0rc1-H3: Options Problems

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Mon Nov 22 17:12:33 PST 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Brandon Knitter wrote:

> After further review it looks like we don't have a IMAP server namespace as
> "INBOX.", but it is "INBOX/".  The docs say that "INBOX." should be used for
> Cyrus, and we have Cyrus, and it's actually "INBOX/" for us.
>
> Any clue what's up there?

>From my Cyrus /etc/imapd.conf file:

# UNIX Hierarchy Convention
# Set to yes, and cyrus will accept dots in names, and use the forward
# slash "/" to delimit levels of the hierarchy. This is done by converting
# internally all dots to "^", and all "/" to dots. So the "rabbit.holes"
# mailbox of user "helmer.fudd" is stored in "user.elmer^fud.rabbit^holes"
#
# WARNING: This option does NOT apply to admin tools such as cyradm
# (admins ONLY), reconstruct, quota, etc., NOR does it affect LMTP delivery
# of messages directly to mailboxes via plus-addressing.
# See also userprefix and sharedprefix on imapd.conf(5)
unixhierarchysep: no

Anyways, Cyrus can run with either "." or "/" as the mailbox separator.
Your Cyrus admin chose "/".

 	Andy