[imp] Imp 4.0-RC1 trash_folder

Lee lee at disinfo.com
Tue Nov 23 11:08:52 PST 2004

I have the following set in imp/config/prefs.php:

// trash folder
$_prefs['trash_folder'] = array(
// for Exchange, uncomment the entry below and remove the default value
entry
//    'value' => 'Deleted Items',
     'value' => 'trash',
     'locked' => false,
     'shared' => false,
     'type' => 'implicit');

If a user with no preferences (never logged in before), but with an
already-created folder named "trash", logs into IMP, IMP doesnt
automatically set trash_folder to "trash". The IMP options page with
the trash_folder drop down menu doesnt even auto-select the folder
"trash" from the drop down folder select menu.

If the user manually sets trash_folder to "trash" everything is fine
though. I double checked mysql after the user manually sets the pref,
and mysql has an exact record for:

| lee      | imp        | trash_folder             | trash

which is what one would expect.

Any idea why the default value for trash_folder in prefs.php isn't
working?

Lee