[imp] auto purge?

Alain Fauconnet alain at ait.ac.th
Wed Nov 24 04:09:00 PST 2004

> Zitat von Martin Gomez <pgomez at student.ateneo.edu>:
>
> >is there an option in imp to have messages be deleted and purged at once
> >when the delete button is pressed?
> >
> >IMP version: 3.2.2
>
> No.

Back in the days of IMP 2.x I had hacked mailbox.php3 to include:

imap_expunge($imp->stream);

at some point of the code, so that the mailbox was expunged every time
it  was  opened.  That solved the problem of the users never expunging
their mailboxes for us.

This ugly patch has never been ported to  newer  versions  because  we
started using the TRASH folder and the normal maintenance operations.

However, if you're a brave soul, that shouldn't be difficult  to  find
the right place in mailbox.php to add

@imap_expunge($stream);

somwewhere after the big switch { ... } statement.

I'm  sure  that  the  Horde/IMP  developers  here  will  consider this
suggestion  as  blasphemy,  though  ;-) ... so take it with a grain of
salt!

Greets,
_Alain_