[imp] auto-login to imp w/ Horde 3.0 / IMP 4.0 RC

liamr at umich.edu liamr at umich.edu
Wed Nov 24 08:25:21 PST 2004

>>> It looks like you're getting partial session information, but I
>>> really don't know where it's coming from, sorry... I'm a bit lost as
>>> to how you're reproducing this now, also.
>>
>> Use a transparent authentication driver (such as HTTP).  Log out of
>> IMP.  It'll take you to the Horde portal screen, and you'll already
>> be logged in. Hit the back button on your browser.
>
> Is this still an issue now that your cookie_path is fixed?

Yes, we're still seeing this problem.  We're using a transparent
authentication
driver, tho, I've confirmed it does the same thing w/ a non-transparent
(opaque?) driver (I tried it w/ the krb5 driver).

We've got a custom logout screen defined for use w/ our single sign-on.  This
screen gives you the option to continue logging out, or to go back to the
screen your were on previously (same place the browser's "back button" would
take you).  With the transparent driver, you just find yourself back in IMP w/
either an empty mailbox or a mailbox with one message.

With the non-transparent driver, you're forced to log in again, and then your
find yourself in IMP w/ the empty mailbox or the mailbox containing one
message.

W/o the custom logout screen, using the transparent driver, you're
taken to the
Horde portal screen when you logout.  If you hit the back button in your
browser, you're automatically logged into IMP again, but find your
inbox in the
state described above.

W/o the custom logout screen, but using the non-transparent driver,
you're given
a login screen that takes you to the Horde portal.  If you hit "back" in your
browsers, you have to log into IMP again, but then you get the messed
up inbox.

I know this is a web application and that users should use the navigation
present in the application itself rather than that in the browsers.... but our
experience is the users like the browser's "back" arrow and this is
bound to be
a problem for us.

Liam