[imp] Taking best advantage of SQL backend for an IMAP server

Kent Martin horde at kentsworld.com
Sat Dec 4 18:48:05 PST 2004

> $ cat  /usr/bin/courier-imap-noerr
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> umask 0077
> cd $HOME && /usr/sbin/courier-imapd .maildir 2> /dev/null
>
> So far so good - now we have an IMAP session on stdio

To make this a little clearer, here is an example of how this works...
bash$ /usr/bin/courier-imap-noerr
* PREAUTH Ready.
. select INBOX                <- This is me typing
* FLAGS (\Draft \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Recent)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Draft \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen)] Limited
* 98 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1073514137] Ok
. OK [READ-WRITE] Ok
. logout                           <- This is me typing
* BYE Courier-IMAP server shutting down
. OK LOGOUT completed
bash$