[imp] S/MIME signing/encrypting and personal public key

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Dec 6 13:39:54 PST 2004

Testing the new S/MIME features, I discovered something strange:

I encrypted and signed a message with S/MIME. Though I didn't tell IMP to
save the sent message, it obviously needed *my* public S/MIME key. I wasn't
able to sent the message until I added an entry to my address book with the
email address of the identity I was using to send the message and my public
S/MIME key.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/