[imp] Re: Re: Skewed Table Layout/CSS Problem?Firefox?

Adam Ashley aashley at optimiser.com
Mon Dec 6 17:20:17 PST 2004

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 10:49:16 -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Adam Ashley <aashley at optimiser.com>:
>
>> All the assigned styles appear to of be correct associated with the
>> right nodes. The problem appears in that the table with class
>> messageList has a calculated width of 15 pixels and the trs within it
>> have a width of 7. So all the cells are rendered one after another
>> across the page.
>>
>> The containing form element has the correct calculated width (1100 odd
>> on my screen). Only the table seems to be misbehaving.
>>
>> Hope this helps folks track down the problem
>
> And how does this explain that reloading the exact same HTML, or adjusting
> the font size, fixes the layout?

After I'd been educated by one of my workmates here, I've come to
understand it is likely a reflow bug in firefox. changing the font size,
reloading, or resizing the window cause firefox to rerender the page. One
of the recommended fixes for this sort of thing he said was Ctrl -, Ctrl
0, and from our testing that caused every page to render correctly.

Adam