[imp] Authentication problem

Linux stuff linux at cosmicperl.com
Tue Dec 7 09:07:54 PST 2004

Hi,
  I've just installed horde and imp on my webserver as it was recommended to me. I've got it running, but I can't login to any of my users email accounts. I guess I must have made a configuration error somewhere, I've included the relevant sections below:-

In horde/imp/config/servers.php - I've commented out all the servers I don't use to leave:-
$servers['pop'] = array(
    'name' => 'POP3 Server',
    'server' => 'mail.cosmicsitehosting.com',
    'protocol' => 'pop3',
    'port' => 110,
    'folders' => '',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => '',
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => ''
);

In horde/config/registry.php - I've uncommented:-
$this->registry['auth']['login'] = 'imp';
$this->registry['auth']['logout'] = 'imp';

In horde/config/horde.php - I've got:-
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'sql';
And the associated config for the database.

If I try a Unix users login I get nothing. So I added a row to the users table in the database for a test username and password, and that didn't work either. I'm now completely lost. I think my email is setup to use PAM, but I don't see it as an option, please help.

Lyle

Lyle Hopkins          - CosmicPerl.com CGI Scripts -
Internet software solutions for the professional webmaster
Email: webmaster at cosmicperl.com
Web site: http://www.cosmicperl.com
Specializing in Affiliate Software solutions