[imp] can't email outside domain site

Kent Martin horde at kentsworld.com
Thu Dec 9 22:30:30 PST 2004

What are your outbound mail settings, and, assuming you are using
sendmail or a sendmail dropin replacement (exim/postfix/qmail/ssmtp) and
assuming your mail settings relay mail through localhost, can you email
from the command line?  You also want to make the apache user (or
whatever user apache runs as) a "trusted user" in your MTA setup.

The file you are after is imp/config/servers.php, but, I cannot see how
the problem could possibly be in there, it sounds like your MTA isn't
set up right, or, your outbound address is no good and is getting
rejected by the remote MTA.

The easiest way to see what is going on is to watch what is being
written to the log file of your MTA when trying to send an email to an
external domain.