[imp] imp with courrier imap is too slow

Thomas Lersch horde at tole.de
Sun Dec 12 10:02:26 PST 2004

Hi,

> a.. Horde: 2.2.7
> a.. IMP: 3.2.6 the problem is that inbox is too slow.It took me 5
> minutes in order to see 1200 emails!
> I installed imap proxy and php accelerator to improve the situation
> but the difference was not obvious.
> Are there any suggestions about this problem?I need your help

Only for reference: I use horde/imp/courier-imap without any tweaks on a
700MHz Pentium III Box with 384MB Ram and 80GB Samsung IDE-HD
(reiserfs). Opening an Imap-Folder with ~5000 Mails took less than 10
Seconds...

I would recommend to check your hardware- and  software-configuration.

Regards,
 Thomas