[imp] IMP / Turba - Add emails to contacts

Stephen March steve at enerds.ca
Sun Dec 12 21:17:43 PST 2004

Hey folks,

            I posted something a while ago on a bug-request, and was
directed to the mailing list.   Anybody know how to add the ability to
provide users with a "one-click" ability to  "Add contact to Address Book"
from an email message?

I've seen various webmail providers do this, and haven't found a script or
config option to turn this on for IMP / Turba (using both 2.2.6 & 3.0 Rc3).

Example:

  User John gets an email from Sanda.  Sandra opens up the email, reads the
message and decides she would like to add John to her address book.   She
simply clicks the "Add to contacts" button, and John is now available the
next time she sends a message.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
~Stephen March