[imp] Finding Default Delimiter

Mike Porter mike at UDel.Edu
Tue Dec 14 13:40:17 PST 2004

We recently ran into a problem with IMP and an IMAP server that
uses the UW namespace with '.' as the delimter (MiraPoint).

The problem was:

lib/Tree.php

        // this *should* always get the right delimiter
        $tmp = $this->getMailbox('INBOX');

This is incorrect.  The RFC indicates that a 'LIST "" ""' is the
proper way to get the default delimter and in fact if you change
the above call to:

        $tmp = $this->getMailbox('');

the default delimiter is correctly returned.

I don't normally work with IMP, but I thought I'd let you know
the results of my debugging session since I see this call is
still in the production 3.2.6.

Thanks,

Mike

-
Mike Porter
PGP Fingerprint: F4 AE E1 9F 67 F7 DA EA  2F D2 37 F3 99 ED D1 C2