[imp] Direct delete an e-mail message

J. de Jongh jdjongh at unet.nl
Wed Dec 22 07:48:10 PST 2004

Hi,

I have a question, i'm using:
=============
-  horde-2.2.6
-  imp-3.2.5
=============

So using Horde as a full webmail client. Have changed lots of settings, one
think i can't solve.
If a user selects a message and choose for the option to delete it, then i
will be marked as deleted.

With the pref.conf you can set that to not shown.

file: /conf/prefs.php

// hide deleted
// a value of 0 = no, 1 = yes
$_prefs['delhide'] = array(
    'value' => 1,
    'locked' => true,
    'shared' => true,
    'type' => 'implicit'
);

But if you use the seach option the messages will be found / showed. I
don'tn want that.
With another option you can choose to move the deleted messages to the trash
folder.

// should we move messages to a trash folder instead of just marking
// them as deleted?
// a value of 0 = no, 1 = yes
$_prefs['use_trash'] = array(
    'value' => 1,
    'locked' => true,
    'shared' => true,
    'type' => 'checkbox',
    'desc' => _("When deleting messages, move them to your Trash folder
instead of marking them as deleted?")
);

I have made a simple script who can draw a GD image of the quota size of the
mailbox.
But it isn't real time because the messages are going to the trash bin.
In the maintenance preferences you can set:

// Maintenance preferences

// purge Trash folder?
$_prefs['purge_trash'] = array(
    'value' => 1,
    'locked' => true,
    'shared' => true,
    'type' => 'checkbox',
    'desc' => _("Purge old message in the Trash folder?")
);

// how often to purge the Trash folder?
// 'value': yearly = 1, monthly = 2, weekly = 3, daily = 4, every login = 5
$_prefs['purge_trash_interval'] = array(
    'value' => '5',
    'locked' => true,
    'shared' => true,
    'type' => 'select',
    'desc' => _("Purge Trash how often:")
);

// End Maintenance preferences

So every login the message should be gone (i haven't tested this)
But i want the messages to delete directly.
So if you choose delete the message you have selected are delete
premanently.

So a mark as delete and direcly purge the marked as deleted files.
How can this be done? Is there a setting for?

Maybe other people also have this issue.

With kind regards,

J. de Jongh