[imp] Cannot view new message bodies / being cached.

Jason Bassford jasonb at dante.com
Tue Jan 4 08:29:01 PST 2005

In any given session of Imp 4 (Horde 3), I can only properly view the body of
the FIRST message with any specific message number.

If I open Imp, look at the index, and click on message #1 it works just fine.
If I delete message #1, and get another email that (now) is message #1, then
click on it from the index, I see the headers of the new message, but the
message body is the one from the first one I clicked on.  If I reply to it, all
is well - the new #1 is quoted.

So long as I never delete any email in any given session, everything works -
since every incoming message has a different message number.

I'm also using PHP 5.0.3 Apache 2.0.52. The same thing happens with both Mozilla
and IE - so it's not a browser related issue.

So - what is it here that's caching the message body of each message
number?

If I do a grep for something in the body of the message it will show up in one
of my /tmp/sess_ PHP files.  So - it *appears* as if it's PHP that's caching
this information.  Why?  And how can I prevent it?  Deleting the PHP session
file that's storing this information results in my logging myself out because
it's also storing my login credentials...

I've posted bits of this problem previously, but want to post it all in a single
email.  This is a major problem for me, and any suggestions at all would be
appreciated.  Is this an Imp problem or a PHP problem?  (I upgraded Horde, Imp,
and PHP all at the same time so I can't isolate a single piece of software
that's changed.)

Jason.

Jason Bassford         jasonb at dante.com
Inferno Enterprises    http://www.dante.com/users/jasonb/