[imp] courier + folder again

Daniel Eckl daniel.eckl at gmx.de
Thu Jan 6 06:10:33 PST 2005

The hierarchical sorting is something, te IMAP server does. So you were
searching the wrong list.

I don't know this possibility with courier, only with cyrus. The option
there is altnamespace.

But there are some drawbacks with this sorting. Some IMAP clients are
sorting the INBOX alphabetically instead of ontop (Outlook for example),
and some clients cannot move folders back to the first level
(Thunderbird 1.0 and Evolution2 for example)

I suggest to keep folders below INBOX for better compatibility.

Best,
Daniel