[imp] Cannot view new message bodies / being cached.

Jason Bassford jasonb at dante.com
Fri Jan 7 19:45:06 PST 2005

> Except for the fact that this is the way that IMP already works.  You
> delete a message and the next page is told to retrieve the next message
> id in the list

No, you misunderstand.  I know that's the way it works if you have, say,
5 messages.  They'll be numbers 1-5.  But if you only have 1, and you
delete it, the next email you receive will not be assigned message #2 -
it will be assigned message #1 again, because what *was* #1 is no longer
in existence.

What I'm asking for as a workaround to my problem (something better than
just never deleting any message in a given session) is that if I have
message #1, delete it, and receive a new one (now that I have nothing in
my Inbox) for the new message to be assigned #2 *not* #1 again...

>> Don't use a trash folder.

I don't use a trash folder.  I used POP3.

> And/or don't use POP.

Why not?  This has always worked just fine in the past with previous
versions of Imp.  If I understand Jan correctly, what I'm experiencing
is not normal - message bodies shouldn't be cached and recycled as mine
are being...

Jason Bassford         jasonb at dante.com
Inferno Enterprises    http://www.dante.com/users/jasonb/

* We are the children of light.